The IRTA’s researcher Llilianne Ganges will advise the Chinese competent authorities on Classical Swine Fever
The National Reference Laboratory for Classical Swine Fever (CSF) in China, also considered as CSF Reference Laboratory for the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), creates an Academic Committee to enhance the research and control of CSF in in this country in which Dr. Llilianne Ganges IRTA-CReSA researcher, OIE expert in CSF was named as a consultant.
On June 14, 2018, the First Academic Symposium on Swine Diseases was held at the University of Rongchang, China. In this event, the Academic Committee to enhance the investigation and control of CSF in China was officially established. Dr. Ganges has been appointed advisor to this committee for a period of three years from June 2018.
The main responsibilities of the Academic Committee are:
– Provide consultations and recommendations for the development of epidemiological research and surveillance of CSF.
– Give advice and recommendations for CSF control.
– Provide technical assistance in research and development of new vaccines.
– Advice and consultations in the studies associated with the purpose of detection of classical swine fever infection in wild boars in this country.
– Provide technical advice and guidelines for the development of the classical swine fever eradication system in China, and participate in network activities.