Since its foundation in 1985, IRTA has been contributing significantly to research activities directly related to the viticulture sector in Catalonia and other regions.
IRTA approach for viticulture in XXI century is focused in Technology options that analyse how farming management concepts, practices and technologies, including plant breeding, could enable sustainable intensification of crop production, with the aim to increase grape production and quality and support wine supply.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Viticulture and Global Climate Change
- Vineyard Irrigation Management to Improve Wine Quality
- Crop Pathology and Pesticide Use Efficiency Improvement
- Agronomy and technology for efficient resources use and production quality improvement
- Technology of winemaking
- Markets and Technology watch
- Organic waste integral management