1. Physical parameters for raw material quality prediction:
- Conductivity, pH, multi-frequency, impedance, water holding capacity, colour, intramuscular fat, texture, NIRS, RMN, etc.
- Development of On-line non invasive probes.
- Calibration and threshold determination of probe lectures depending on the food matrix.
- Evaluation of sensors and biosensors.
2. Muscle biochemical characteristics related to meat and fish quality
- Pigment content, glycolitic and oxidative enzymes.
- Water Holding Capacity (WHC)
- Structural proteins and lipids
- Protein identification related to gene expression under different production conditions and treatments.
4. Enzyme analysis:
- Proteases, lipases, oxidative and antioxidative enzymes, plasmatic enzymes (LDH, ICOH).
- Triglycerides and membrane lipids related to food structure.
6. Sensorial characterization:
- Raw materials and packaged foodstuffs related to genetics, nutrition, cultivation conditions, ante and post mortem treatments, post harvest conditions, etc..
7. Shelf life studies of foodstuffs
- Characterization of organic food attributes.
- Robotics applied to on-line food quality selection and classification by multi sensor system.
- On-line probes for raw material composition detection (lean and fat) before or during the mixing process®.
- Effects of antibiotics in gene expression and proteomes: Effect of breeding and food production on proteome characteristics.
- Study of lipids and proteins related to the breeding and animal nutrition to improve the safety and sensorial quality of the product.