Technological offer for private companies and public institutions with interest in developing new tools for the diagnosis and control of bacterial diseases.
- Development of improved diagnosis tools for the detection of one or more specific pathogens simultaneously.
- Characterization of bacterial strains by genotypic and phenotypic methods, including virulence factors and antimicrobial resistances.
- Development of animal models for bacterial diseases and vaccine trials.
- Studies of microbiota from different mucosal surfaces, by classical methods and metagenomics, and identification of possible probiotics.
- Effect of feed, feed additives or other treatments (including antimicrobial treatments) in animal health and food safety.
- Development and validation of diagnosis and control tools for bacterial diseases.
INNOVATIVE AND COMPETITIVE ASPECTS
- Possibility of working with the target animal model, under controlled experimental conditions and under field conditions.
- Experience working under Good Laboratory and Good Clinical Practices (GLP and GCP).
- Animal models for testing methods for the control of bacterial diseases, including vaccine and antimicrobial efficacy trials.
- New probiotics for animal health.
- Validation of new diagnostic tools.
- Partnering as a Contract Research Organization (CRO) or for research projects.
Examples of previous achievements
- Patent 200502296(9). Development and validation of a PCR for the simultaneous detection of Haemophilus parasuis and the identification of virulent strains.
- Identification of two surface proteins of parasuis with role in virulence (phagocytosis resistance).
- Identification of bacterial strains with probiotic effect.