Technological offer upon request serving private businesses and public institutions interested in designing and developing vector competence assays for mosquito-borne pathogens.
- Scientific consulting leading to design the most appropriate vector competence assays in mosquitoes.
- Performance of vector competence studies.
- Performance of vector transmission studies in vitro and in vivo (small and large animals).
- Design and performance of in vivo studies in small and large animals to study how arthropod saliva affects virus infection.
- Design and performance of molecular techniques to identify vectors and mosquito-borne viruses.
- Rearing and maintenance of arthropods in BSL2 and BLS3 infrastructures.
INNOVATIVE AND COMPETITIVE ASPECTS
- Multidisciplinary team of researchers: from the basics to the fields.
- BSL2 and BSL3 infrastructures: controlled containment facilities.
- Establishing or adapting models of vector competence by autochthonous or exotic mosquito vectors.
- Developing in vitro and in vivo transmission assays for mosquito-borne pathogens
- Proof of concepts and Know how transfer.
- Partnering as a Contract Research Organization (CRO) or for research projects.
Examples of previous achievements
- Quantitative transcriptomic and translatomics to identify key determinants for emerging viruses infection and adaptation to vertebrate and insect hosts (Mosquivir; APCIN (INFECT-ERA), 2016-2021)
- Research Infrastructures for the control of vector borne diseases (Infravec2; INFRAIA, 2016-2021).
- A Global Alliance for Zika Virus Control and Prevention (Zikalliance: H2020, 2016-2021).
- Emergencia de la Fiebre del Valle del Rift en Europa: evaluación del rol de mosquitos autóctonos en la potencial diseminación de la enfermedad (ENRIFTMOSQ; MINECO, 2013-2016).