Scientific advice and counseling on epidemiology, pathogenesis, immunology, prevention and control of livestock and poultry diseases, including zoonosis are provided to producers, private companies, public administration, and researchers from public and private organizations.
Counseling and advice on:
- Development of innovative and effective vaccines.
- Optimization and development of new diagnostic techniques.
- Epidemiological studies and risk assessment for animal diseases.
- Standardized experimental infection models for the most relevant livestock and poultry diseases, as well as animal models for human diseases.
- Vector competence studies.
- Expertise in biosafety and management of biocontainment facilities.
INNOVATIVE AND COMPETITIVE ASPECTS
- Multidisciplinary research team. Scientific knowledge on endemic and transboundary diseases of livestock and poultry.
- BSL2 and BSL3 laboratory and animal facilities, including a BSL3 insectarium.
- Specific counseling on scientific-technical activities.
- Tailor-made training courses and educational programs for animal and public health professionals.
- Transfer of knowledge on different aspects of animal health.
- Partnering as a contract research organization (CRO) or for research projects.