IRTA works on field crops (rice, corn, wheat…) mainly thorugh the Sustainable Field Crops program (and for some topics also through the Genomics and Biotechnology and Sustainable Plant Protection programs).
These are the centers where the research is done:
- 01/06/2021 · Field crops LOCALNUTLEG Phase 2: Developing innovative plant-based added-value food products through the promotion of LOCAL Mediterranean NUT and LEGume crops
- 01/05/2021 · Field crops ECO-FORAGE: Evaluation of the technique of under seeding winter fodder in corn for the improvement of organic forage production
- 22/07/2020 · Field crops ECO Millora: Improving the efficiency in the use of organic wheat nitrogen through plant material and crop management.
- 01/06/2020 · Field crops MiC-Rice: Deciphering key roles of microbiota and crop management on soil carbon fate in paddy rice fields in the Ebro Delta
- 01/06/2020 · Field crops RICRES: Improvement of resistance to biotic and abiotic stress in rice varieties to face climate change
- Royo, C., Dreisigacker, S., Soriano, J. M., Lopes, M. S., Ammar, K., & Villegas, D. (2020). Allelic Variation at the Vernalization Response (Vrn-1) and Photoperiod Sensitivity (Ppd-1) Genes and Their Association With the Development of Durum Wheat Landraces and Modern Cultivars. Frontiers in Plant Science, 11, 16, Article 838 Field crops
- Soriano JM, Villegas D, Sorrells ME, Royo C (2018) Durum wheat landraces from east and west regions of the Mediterranean Basin are genetically distinct for yield components and phenology. Frontiers in Plant Science (Available on-line). doi: 10.3389/fpls.2018.00080 Field crops
- Royo C, Ammar K, Alfaro C, Dreisigacker S, García del Moral LF, Villegas D. 2017. Effect of Ppd-1 photoperiod sensitivity genes on dry matter production and allocation in durum wheat. Field Crops Research (Available on-line). doi: 10.1016/j.fcr.2017.06.005 Field crops
- Martinez, M. ; Curcó, A.; Ibáñez, C. (2017). Effects of agri-environmental and organic rice farming on yield and macrophyte community in Mediterranean paddy fields. Paddy and Water Environment 15 (3 ):457-468 Field crops
- Català, M.M. ; Pla, E. ; Tomas, N. (2017). La siembra del arroz; una nueva técnica de cultivo en España. Agrícola Vergel: Fruticultura, Horticultura, Floricultura 398 :6-9 Field crops