Preservation and food safety
IRTA works in food safety and preservation mainly through the Food Safety and Functionality program, but also through the Food Quality and Technology program and the Postharvest one (for fruits and vegetables).
- 19/05/2022 · Conservation and food security ECOCUIT Task Force - Strategies for improved preservation and sustainability of ready-to-eat packaged organic cooked meat products
- 19/05/2022 · Conservation and food security OPTICARN Task Force - Optimisation of storage conditions for meat of different species to improve sensory quality and shelf life, applying specific maturation protocols
- 19/05/2022 · Conservation and food security SAFETY.TOOL Task Force - Development and application of a new tool for food safety assessment of the cured ham production process.
- 19/05/2022 · Conservation and food security Task Force VALSalm - Validation of the safety of raw-cured sausages against Salmonella
- 01/09/2021 · Conservation and food security GWASRESTRAW - Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) for the genetic control of airborne fungal resistance in the cultivated strawberry
- Riudavets, J., Castane, C., Agusti, N., del Arco, L., Diaz, I., & Castellari, M. (2020). Development and Biomass Composition of Ephestia kuehniella (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae), Tenebrio molitor (Coleoptera:Tenebrionidae), and Hermetia illucens (Diptera: Stratiomyidae) Reared on Different Byproducts of the Agri-Food Industry. Journal of Insect Science, 20(4), 8, Article 17. Conservation and food security
- Jofré, A., Latorre-Moratalla, M., Garriga, M., & Bover-Cid, S. (2019). Domestic refrigerator temperatures in Spain: Assessment of its impact on the safety and shelf-life of cooked meat products. Food Research International, 126, 108578. doi:10.1016/j.foodres.2019.108578 http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12327/474 Conservation and food security
- Coll-Brasas, E., Arnau, J., Gou, P., Lorenzo, J., García-Pérez, J., & Fulladosa, E. (2019). Effect of high pressure processing temperature on dry-cured hams with different textural characteristics. Meat Science, 152, 127-133. doi:10.1016/j.meatsci.2019.02.014 http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12327/294 Conservation and food security
- Serra-Castello, C., Jofre, A., Garriga, M., & Bover-Cid, S. (2020). Modeling and designing a Listeria monocytogenes control strategy for dry-cured ham taking advantage of water activity and storage temperature. Meat Science, 165, 8, Article 108131. Conservation and food security
- Bover-Cid, S. ; Belletti, N.; Aymerich, T. ; Garriga, M. (2017). Modelling the impact of water activity and fat content of dry-cured ham on the reduction of Salmonella enterica by high pressure processing. Meat Science 123 :120-125 Conservation and food security