Broodstock management based on breeders behaviour to increase gamete production and spawning success of captivity reared (F1) and wild Senegalese sole (Solea senegalensis)
Show side menu
Starting date: 17/09/2015 End date: 17/06/2019
Novel aims of the present proposal are:
- Determine the effect of wild spawning success on F1 sperm production.
- Determine the effect of removing dominant spawning pairs on the spawning of both the dominant pairs and subordinate fish.
- To study sperm production in reproductively dominate and subordinate breeders.
- To explore the relation between spatial and reproductive dominance with the aim to predict reproductive dominance from spatial dominance.
- To compare between wild and cultured fish the olfactory rosette and electro-olfactogram response to potential pheromones.