Conservation of the genetic heritage of the Catalan olive tree
Show side menu
Starting date: 20/06/2017 End date: 30/06/2018
The main aim of the purpose of the project is to preserve the genetic heritage of the Catalan olive.
The specific objectives to be achieved are:
- Prospection of local varieties not entered in the Catalan Olive Germplasm Bank of IRTA.
- Georeferenciation selected original trees making identical copy to be kept at the Catalan Bank.
- Keep and maintain Olive Germplasm Bank of IRTA.
- Ensuring the in situ conservation of local varieties and introduced the project previously.
- Characterization of genetically and morphologically local varieties of Olive Germplasm Bank of IRTA.
- Organization and cooperation in initiatives to the transfer of information to the catalan sector.