IRTA works on organic production mainly through the Sustainable Plant Protection program, but also in Sustainable Field Crops, Fruit Production, Genomics and Biotechnology, Urban and Peri-urban Agriculture and Efficient Use of Water in Agriculture.
These are the centers that are developing the research on this areas:
- Ebre Field Station
- IRTA Cabrils
- Mas Badia
- IRTA Torre Marimon
- IRTA Fruitcentre
- Lleida Field Station
- IRTA Lleida Agronomists
- 01/01/2018 · Organic production DietaPYR2: Innovations applied to the bovine production chain in the Pyrenees to value a meat for the consumers
- 01/09/2017 · Organic production DEMOCLEANLEACH: Strategies for eliminating nitrates in constructed wetlands systems for the treatment of leachate generated in nurseries production plant container using a solid source of coal.
- 26/06/2017 · Organic production PIONER: Process Integration for syntrophic acetate and autotrophic ammonia Oxidations in the anaerobic treatment of Nitrogen-rich organic wastes for Energy Recovery (PIONER)
- 01/07/2016 · Organic production VINOVERT: Wine, competitiveness, environmental and food safety policies for the companies. Supporting companies for setting up metodologies
- 01/01/2016 · Organic production Operational Group: Water saving in rice cultivation through the introduction of innovative agronomic techniques.
- Martínez-Ferrer, M.T. ; Campos, J.M. (2017). Diversity, spatial distribution, and sampling for ant management decision-making in integrated pest management programs in citrus groves. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 162 :251-260 Organic production
- Sala, S.; Antón, A. ; McLaren, S.J.; Notarnicola, B.; Saouter, E.; Sonesson, U. (2017). In quest of reducing the environmental impacts of food production and consumption. Journal of Cleaner Production 140 (Part 2 ):387-398 Organic production
- Organic production
- Foresi, L.; Schmutz, U.; Antón, A. ; Vieweger, A.; Bavec, M.; Meier, M.; Shahid, M.; Peña, N.; Petrasek, R.; Stajnko, D.; Vukmanic, T.; Landert, J.; WeiBhaidinger, R. (2016). Sustainability assessment tools for organic greenhouse horticulture. Brussels (Belgium): COST. (BioGreenhouse COST Action FA 1105. Towards a Sustainable and Productive EU Organic Greenhouse Horticulture) Organic production
- Notarnicola, B.; Sala, S.; Antón, A. ; McLaren, S.J.; Saouter, E.; Sonesson, U. (2017). The role of life cycle assessment in supporting sustainable agri-food systems: a review of the challenges. Journal of Cleaner Production 140 (Part 2 ):399-409 Organic production